The winter boot

After working in retail for more than five years, you learn a few things. One thing you learn is as soon as summer and festival (aka wellie) season is over, comes boot season!

Certain footwear would go from the forefront of the store to the back of the store and a big move with lots of VM (Visual Merchandising) would occur.

While I may not be happy its Autumn, Summer is over, AND I already require gloves because of Reynaud's Syndrome, I am okay with it being boot season again. This year there are so many cute styles around I'm having to force myself to keep away from online shopping and window shopping as I simply don't have the funds for all the pairs I want at the moment.


Here's a break down of just some of the cute boots around this A/W.

1. The over the knee



The Highland boot by Stuart Weitzman, £595 at Russell and Bromley.
The classic boot that every celeb goes to at the moment. Stuart Weitzman has been very popular with the Brits in recent years and it's no wonder why. They are works of boot art.
I'm all about the wintery colour pops this year and so I fell in love with this statement deep red Weitzman boot instead of the classic black. This rich colour will add life to any bland outfit. I'm desperate for a pair just because they look so gorgeous on, with a casual day dress. This colour channels lots of boho vibes which are still very much in at the moment. 
You can browse here.

POOR V POSH

You can pick up an identical looking pair at InTheStyle for £44.99 instead, that's less than a tenth of the price. You can thank me later.



2. The just below the knee

Normally I'm not a fan of these. They're very hit or miss and usually always a miss. You have to get them just right for them not to look silly. Topshop have delivered this year though.  I have to hand it to them, these are an absolute gem.


This gorgeous Khaki suede has this boot winning on so many levels. Keeping to my theme of coloured boots this winter too. They're heeled to dress up an outfit but can also be casual accompanying a pair of jeans for a more low key affair. 
You can get there here for just £89 from Topshop.



3. The Cowboy

Schuh and Office did an excellent selection of cowboy boots last year but my favourite pair and most comfortable/best value for money came from Schuh in the end. I don't need to buy a new pair this year because despite wearing them to death my pair are still in excellent condition. However, these are too different to turn down. I love how Zara have done a different take on the traditional cowboy.


The unusual heel and elongated cuff around the ankle gives the elusion of a totally different feel. These will look less pixie like on your feet whilst wearing a dress. The leg to foot will flow better and give the appearance of longer legs. I have long legs, but even I struggle when certain boots cut you off half way making your legs look shorter and fatter. Also, no one has a cowboy boot in grey now really do they. A must buy!
Get them here, £69.99 by Zara.


4. The Autumnal orange

This colour is everywhere this season and I must say how glad I am of it. It's divine! Anyway credit goes to Zara again for pulling out all the stops.


I love these, they're another over the knee but you can never have too many of those, right? These have a chunkier feel to them with a thick heel and huge cuff at the top. They have a little puss-in-boots-esque feel about them but do you know what? I kind of like that.
These can be shopped at Zara.com for £79.99.


5. The heeled chelsea

I'm a bit over the classic chelsea boot by now, if I'm honest. Also happen to be really into my heeled boots at the moment...not sure you can tell though. 

£39.99, New Look.
If that's too much for you though, they have an almost identical pair for near half the price. 



Can't tell the difference? No, neither can I. Shop these here, for £24.99.


These look smart and sleek but also really casual if you want them, too. Teamed with a thick, chunky knit scarf and a boyfriend coat you've got the casual chelsea look nailed. 

Like this:


Scarf, 22.99 Zara.
Coat, £29.99 New Look.


6. The fake croc

Enough words said. They should be a statement boot on everyones boot list this year.


£90, Office.



No comments