Steam and Rye | Review of Kelly Brook's Joint

Oh well yes it's ladies night and the feeling's right...ohhhh what a night.

Wednesday night is Doll's night down at Steam and Rye and I couldn't have had more fun. The business baby of Nick House and the fabulous Kelly Brook, Steam and Rye, has it all going on. From plentiful and fanciful cocktails to american 1920's diner decor and vibes - there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be on a Wednesday night. Really...No, I don't want to be in a pokey club in the west end somewhere mid week. I want to be in the city after work, where the atmosphere is buzzing and the people are flowing.

I stumbled across the restaurant-come-bar by accident whilst stalking an old school friend (don't pretend like you all haven't be there. It's okay to admit it. We're all in a safe place here) and it looked amazing. From one photo I could already tell this place was right up my street. Upon further research I found the deal I used with my friend. Doll's night at the Rye basically means that on a Wednesday if you're a gal, you can head on down and become a member - a "sorority sister". This entitles you to half priced cocktails all night, not just in happy hour (everyday 5-7pm).

I mean, I don't quite know where to start. Their cocktails are hands down, EASILY, some of the best cocktails I've ever sampled in my life and I drink cocktails on the frequent! The quirkiness and insatiable ideas behind the funky cocktails had me like...

Ya feel? 
We started with a 'Mississippi Lullaby' and my friend had a 'Freedom Martini'. Both equally as tasty, the Martini was so fruity that it was knocked back in seconds. The marshmallow that topped it didn't distract us for long. My Lullaby was pure bliss, it lifted me up out of my seat in central london and to my happy place. It came with a half a flambé passion fruit, sat pride of place on top of the ice. Within minutes this was gone too, oops. Good thing being a sorority sister on Doll's night also entitles you to a whole lobster and a glass of Moet for just £20. We ordered that as soon as we arrived. Ain't nobody got time for games. Gal doesn't mess about. It's an incredible price, as the lobster on the menu is usually £24 on it's own, and a glass of Moet is £12.50. The lobster can be whole or you can opt for the lobster in a brioche roll. We didn't, though.
 It arrived with a side of fries and a side salad. It was divine. All of it. I'm not a huge chip fan but these were so good and the lobster was how you'd imagine it - sweet and succulent. 




We polished off our mains and moved back to business...more cocktails. For dessert we picked the ultimate cocktail on the menu. The all mighty, all singing, all dancing 'FIVE DOLLAR SHAKE'. It didn't disappoint. In fact, it came and it couldn't have impressed more than it did. It was totally and utterly in-cred-durr-ble. Think a gorgeously sweet cocktail, topped with so much whipped cream, it probably contained your daily allowance of calories. It was almost too much. Almost. Chilling in thetantalising whipped cream is a full sized milk chocolate magnum, a marshmallow and a Oreo cookie to boot. I don't need to go anywhere else, I've already found heaven and it's on Leadenhall Street, EC3V.



Every Doll's night has live music 7-9pm and we had a great duo of musicians playing current hits in a more rustic and acoustic-type-way. The duo recreated hits on just a guitar and drum kit, with the two swapping roles half way through their set. I really enjoyed myself and hopefully all my friends on on my social media did too. Safe to say there wasn't too many videos of them on my Snapchat story from that night, er...



Finally, we finished our night with one last cocktail. Again, it was as equally amazing as the previous two.  We both settled on a 'Maize Balls'. I found it very aptly named. Just as extravagant as before, this one came in a plastic popcorn carton. There was lashings of cocktail and it was topped with popcorn. 


One final thing to add. I used the website www.designmynight.com/london to book my table at the Steam and Rye and I'm so glad I did. In using it to book things and leave reviews afterwards etc you can earn points, which in turn convert into money for you. I've racked up £5.00 worth of points which I can now use as money off. It's not just a London thing either, the site does all the major cities in the UK as well as places like Essex. Who doesn't love a bit'a Essex?! 
I loved the website so much I've started using it regularly to research and plan new and exciting nights out. It provides inspiration for everything from magic shows in London to 'best for first dates'
I couldn't recommend it enough, I really couldn't!





No comments