Beauty favourites | September

It dawned on me the other day that I never did a big post on my duty free haul that I got this time last year from my Dubai trip.

This time around I picked up a few more beauty bits from duty free before my recent trip to Croatia (Croatia was fab btw, I know you're all curious). Here's a sneak peak at some of the photos yet to come...


Dreamy right?
_________________________________________

My beauty favourites atm:


It's a bit of a luxury beauty post this one, as you can see all my favourite beauty items this month are Chanel. I picked up the Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme in Duty Free at Bristol airport before heading out to Split, along with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere long-wear foundation in 50 Beige. My favourite lipstick colour that I'm binging on at the moment is one I picked up in Selfridges as a bit of an impulse buy whilst in London last month, for my Aunty's birthday. One present for her, one present for me. Oopsy.

I love the Hydra gel creme so much, I've had samples of it for years and the tiniest little tube has always lasted me ages. Since I've been a full time working gal/adult (whatever you like to call it) coming up to a year now I can afford my own luxuries in life. I mean as much as it pains me to say this, a Chanel face cream isn't exactly a necessity in life. However a gal who cares about her facial care routine definitely does! It's so worth it. It smells divine, honestly my favourite smell ever. The Dior one is just as amazing might I add but painfully more expensive. The gel creme feels less creamier and so a tad lighter and more breathable on the skin. I find it disappears into my skin quicker, leaving no excessively shiny residue. It smelt just as good as the the creme which happens to be the more expensive one. Who needs it anyway? Not me, or you! My skin is left so soft and hydrated for hours after using it. I love using it first thing in the morning as a base for my make up as well as at night after I've taken all my make up off. One of my favourite purchases in a long long time.

The lipstick is from the Rouge Coco collection, in Coco. It's a fabulously vibrant red with an ever so slight orange tinge. I love this one so much as the rouge coco collection lipstick are so much nicer than the rouge allure luminous collection if you're not quite accustomed lipsticks. It's a nice go between the rouge coco shine and the rouge allure. Rouge Coco Shine is as soft and shiny as a balm and glides on like perfection where as the rouge allure is thick and heavy but gives amazing bold colour looks. The coco is perfect as you can go for a little colour or put more on in order to build a bold coverage.

The Perfection Lumiere is perfection, full stop. I don't need to say much more apart from I've found my favourite foundation. Time before usingChanel foundation just doesn't count. Using a damp Real Techniques beauty blender I get a perfect, light and dewy coverage, one that non make up artist girls like myself can only dream of. My other absolute favourite foundation that I swear by is the second Chanel brought out following the Lumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua. Aqua meaning water so it's a lot lighter and subtle. This is a favourite for summer it covers imperfections effortlessly yet gives you the effect that you're wearing little or no make up. Those awesome freckles you get in the summer can still be seen so your make up looks so natural. My skin is the softest I've ever felt it when wearing these two, could genuinely sit there stroking my own face and appreciating it's softness. Why can't guys appreciate that eh? *sigh* Ah well a girl can dream...





Vitalumiere Aqua, in 40 Beige. 


No comments